How to register an offshore company in Panama?
1. Select the name of the company in Panama
The name of an offshore company in Panama should be unique and different from the registered companies. After few names of the corporation are provided, the Registrar checks in the Company Register for similar names. If there are none, you can start the incorporation of Panamanian company. The name can contain the following words: Inc., GmbH, SA, AG, Corporation, Incorporated, Societe Anonyme. Words like Insurance, Finance, Insurance, Bank, cannot be used in the name of the Panamanian company, except the cases where the company is going to obtain a license for a certain business activity.
2. Collect and prepare supporting documents for the Panama company registration
To register an offshore company in Panama, you must prepare and submit the following documents:
- Passport (scan copy)
- Proof of address (scan copy, confirming the place of residence, for example: stamp of registration, utility bill or a copy of a similar document)
3. Choose the corporate structure of the Panamanian offshore company
At this stage, you can choose to use a nominee service, or appoint the Director and a shareholder.
It is necessary to determine the amount of the share capital, the number of directors and shareholders.
4. Company registration in Panama
After collecting and preparing the documents necessary for registration of a Panama company, as well as after determining the structure of an offshore company, documents are submitted for registration in the Register of Enterprises of Panama. Registering of a Panama company takes up to two business days.
5. Apostilled set of incorporation documents of the Panama company
After registration of a Panamanian company, documents can be apostilled. Apostille on documents should be used in case the company’s documents will be used abroad, for example, to open a bank account in a foreign bank, open a Panamanian company representative office, register a vessel in the name of a Panamanian company or etc.
What you get
After opening the company in Panama, the incorporation documents are transferred to the client. The package includes:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Minutes of the First Meeting
- Consent to act as a Director
- Resolution of issuing share certificate
- Share Certificate
- Registers of Directors and Shareholders
- Nominee Agreement*
- Resolution of issuing Power of Attorney*
- Power of Attorney*
- Declaration of Trust*
* Provided in case of using a nominee service
How to buy a Panama offshore company?
To get started faster, AFORTIS Group offers a list of ready-made shelf companies. The procedure for buying a ready-made company in Panama is different and takes several hours before the client receives the information about his new company and scans of incorporation documents. The client only needs to choose the name from the list of ready-made companies. Choose a ready-made offshore Panamanian company if you need a company registered several months or years ago.