How to register an offshore company in the BVI?
1. Buy a shelf offshore company or register a new one
Registration of a ready-made offshore company takes several hours, which is the main advantage. However, to incorporate a new company, requires more time but you can choose a corporate name. Ready-made shelf offshore companies in the BVI go with a certificate that states that the company is totally clean and clear of any business debts and liabilities.
Company formation doesn’t require presence of the founder.
2. Choose the name of the new offshore company
The name of the company in BVI must be unique. It is recommended that an IBC name will not include one of the following words: “Bank”, “Insurance Company”, “Trust”, “Royal”.
3. Collect supporting documents for company registration in the BVI
To register an offshore company, you must prepare and submit the following documents:
- Passport (scan copy)
- Proof of address (scan copy, confirming the place of residence, for example: stamp of registration, utility bill or a copy of a similar document)
4. Choose the corporate structure of the Virgin Islands offshore company
At this stage, you can choose to use the nominee service, or appoint directors and shareholders and determine authorised capital. The founders of the company may be either a physical person or a corporate body and of any nationality.
5. Offshore company formation in the BVI
The documents are submitted for registration in the British Virgin Islands business register. Company registration usually takes up to 2 weeks.
6. Apostilled set of incorporation documents of the offshore company
Registration documents can be apostilled. Apostille on documents is required in case the company’s documents will be used abroad, for example, to open a bank account, open a representative office of an offshore company, enter into an agreement with partners.
What you get
After opening the company, the registration documents are transferred to the client. The package includes:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Minutes of the First Meeting
- Consent to act as a Director
- Resolution of issuing share certificate
- Share Certificate
- Registers of Directors and Shareholders
- Nominee Agreement*
- Resolution of issuing Power of Attorney*
- Power of Attorney*
- Declaration of Trust*
* Provided in case of using a nominee service