How to register an offshore company in Cyprus?
1. Buy a shelf offshore company or register a new one
AFORTIS Group offers support in company incorporation, further company administration, and the purchase of shelf companies. Shelf companies were in high demand recently, as the incorporation period lasted up to one month. However, the situation has changed and now it takes less time to incorporate a new company than buy a shelf one.
2. Company name check
To register a new company in Cyprus, you need to check the name in advance. The name should be unique. The Register of Enterprises of Cyprus charges a fee for the official check of each name. The check takes one to two working days.
3. Collect supporting documents for company registration in Cyprus
The Cyprus documents of incorporation will include:
- Passport (scan copy)
- Proof of address (scan copy, confirming the place of residence, for example: stamp of registration, utility bill or a copy of a similar document)
4. Corporate structure of an offshore company in Cyprus
At this stage, you can choose to use the nominee service, or appoint directors and shareholders. The founders of the company may be either a physical person or a legal entity and of any nationality.
5. Registration of the company in Cyprus
The documents are submitted for registration to the Register of Enterprises of Cyprus. There is an option of a remote incorporation without a personal presence of the client.
6. Apostilled set of incorporation documents of the Cyprus company
Statutory documents can be apostilled. Apostille on documents is required in case the company’s documents will be used abroad, for example, to open a bank account, open a representative office of an offshore company, enter into an agreement with partners.
What you get
Upon finishing of registration of the company in Cyprus, its owner receives a set of documents, which includes:
- Certificate of Incorporation in English
- Certificate of Incorporation in Greek
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Minutes of the First Meeting
- Certificate of Director and Secretary
- Certificate of Shareholders
- Certificate of Registered Address
- Share Certificate
- Resolution of issuing Power of Attorney*
- Power of Attorney*
- Declaration of Trust*
* Provided in case of using a nominee service